Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123
Clothing Texture How To
SAsmTOP
#51 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2007 11:33:48 PM(UTC)

Is there a separate female skirt template? And the link, please, if so? Thank you.
SAsmTOP
#52 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:38:06 PM(UTC)

Not sure what everyones plan is, but a group of us that play in RLC all share our files toghether.  So we all see each others stuff.  I am not concerned what others see, but, like, if we are playing, we see what we need on each other, and it is pretty cool. Just drop the files in the correct location at each PC, and it is real easy to find each other. Plus you may be naked to your friends, but everyone else see's you with default clothes on, smile.
SAsmTOP
#53 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:24:06 PM(UTC)

with these templates i cant seem to make a long full length coat, any ideas of how we could have one implemented because id so love to walk around fully gothed up with a long full length black coat!

SAsmTOP
#54 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2007 4:48:55 AM(UTC)

t is a great walk through but I am still to comp stupid do you have a email or contact of a member who enjoys doing it for someone else ME!

KnightDJ1
Shuqoyqa
#55 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 9:37:21 PM(UTC)

SAsmTOP: you can get two in by putting one into the underwear (SexClothing) line instead of underwear. Beyond that, I'm afraid you're stuck with sharing 65C3 combination files.

I haven't seen a UV map for the skirts, but they're pretty simple things and they follow the old Leg map, more or less. Front centre is in the centre, with right hip on the left and left hip on the right. The top 8 pixels won't appear in a Long skirt texture in use, and I think it's the top 32 of a miniskirt texture that don't show up.

You can't get long coats, cloaks or capes at present, and men still can't wear skirts or kilts. It's my opinion that the wings and skirts should be in a separate directory that both genders use. Capes could go there too. They'll have to scale for avatar scale anyway, and the backs of the shoulders aren't all that different.

Quick walk-through plus example of layers in use on male torso here, female waistline vertices marked up and example shown under the grids here and sicklittlepig's thread still exists here.

Also: a My Textures button.
Shuqoyqa
#56 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2007 1:04:48 PM(UTC)

I'm guessing this tutorial needs put in the trash can since the texture mapping has totally changed since 10/2006.  Wasted two hours today figuring all this out just to find out the PSD Tony posted doesn't have the right mapping.  

So anyone got a similar PSD file with the new mapping and UV coordinates on it I can get?
Shuqoyqa
#57 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 6:34:57 PM(UTC)

any templates for shoes? Can i just use the ones installed on the attachments/ textures dir as a template? Thanks
Shuqoyqa
#58 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2007 9:34:32 PM(UTC)

Great for you computer geeks for us soso it is GREEK!

I still need help for textures I need
Shuqoyqa
#59 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2008 9:11:34 PM(UTC)

:-/ Help,  Huh
This is all greek to me. I am trying to make a Father Guido Sarducci costume. I couldn't find anything on the forums about how to do the mustache or hat. I tried to do the mustache and my result is below. I also tried to do the priest collar. I decided to try a simple one first and elaborate later but that result was much worse. The alpha channel stuff is really confusing. I tried to just put a priest collar on the HMUT_blacktop file (yes I renamed it). I was gonna save it and ask for help with the alpha channel stuff after, but as you can see below the result was disastrous. I also saw a thread that explained how to wear the textures that you create a couple of days ago but I can't find it now. I am using Paint Shop Pro 5.

Shuqoyqa
#60 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:23:39 PM(UTC)

The new UV maps are in threads at the top of the Textures forum.

Regarding the Alpha Channel: I know noone that uses this. I've never even tried. I use the Gimp, which has pretty much the same tools (except that polygon-select one) but is free and puts them in different places. Rather than using the alpha channel, I just make the actual image translucent and transparent as appropriate. It works with layers beautifully (see link above for just how many layers I sometimes use) and new layers are transparent by default, so if you open the new_male_torso file, add a layer, paint in it, turn the base layer (the UV grid) invisible and save as .png it'll produce what you need just like that. For fancy stuff, it's often easier to make something opaque in its own layer, then turn that layer translucent using the slider at the top of the layers window. You can also use this to see the grid through existing layers, then turn them back to opaque to save.
Shuqoyqa
#61 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2008 8:46:23 AM(UTC)

Thanks Shuqoyqa,
Maybe I should have explained myself better. I am totally clueless. I have no idea how to use photoshop properly. I have tried to figure out the whole layers, translucency, transparency, etc... things. I probably have no business messing with this crap, but I really thought it would be funny to walk around RLC as Father Guido Sarducci. I use the help sections in photoshop, I read the forums for tips but it is really confusing to me. Can someone suggest a good easy to comprehend tutorial. I also have the program called paint on my computer which is a simpler version similar to photoshop but it doesn't have nearly as many features. I would really like to learn how to be more proficient with photoshop. Please help if you can.
Shuqoyqa
#62 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2008 7:21:24 PM(UTC)

Download the Gimp. It's free. Once it's installed, follow the instructions in this very thread, starting halfway down page 2. You'll get a set of textures that used to work but doesn't now except for the skirt. That skirt shape has proven remarkably popular. On the way through, you'll use most of the tools in GIMP, but not much transparency. My preferred way to achieve transparency is to draw the desired object opaque in a layer of its very own, then make the layer transparent using the slider at the top of the Layers window.

Use layers. I didn't bother at first, but once I started playing with them I decided they are the best tool there.

There's a "fade out" option on some tools. I've been using it for the little wrinkles fading out from seams lately. It works a little better than just abruptly stopping. You can vary the fade length.

By the time you've worked your way through all those clicks you should be terrified for life or fully comfortable with it, anyway.
Shuqoyqa
#63 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2008 4:32:27 AM(UTC)

Help Somebody Please ,
Im getting Married in 6 days I have the textures for my dress and rings , the designer helped me Put them in the file , But they still dont work , I have Windows Vista , If anyone can please help me Contact me asap Im willing to pay rays if you can help me get it to work , I am so lost the designer didnt know what else to do
Shuqoyqa
#64 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:31:07 PM(UTC)

hey guys.. just wondering.. what exactly do i need to download.. read the whole thing.. if someone can give me the link to download how to mack the clothes that would be great
Shuqoyqa
#65 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2008 5:23:15 PM(UTC)

Vista: you need to tell the computer it has permission to let Notepad change that file, or something like that. Someone did post an answer to this, but it never got stickified. It was something like "turn newbie mode off and reboot" but the exact terms I forget.

General info on how to wear and how to make is included in or linked from this post:

http://bb.redlightcenter...BB.pl?num=1195411486/4#4

... or added to that thread. Some links may repeat others.

Read through. All (except the Vista issue) should become clear.
Shuqoyqa
#66 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:23:03 PM(UTC)

how do i make a new outfit i would like to make a SilverSurfer outfit
Shuqoyqa
#67 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 6:54:04 PM(UTC)

[quote author=SilverSurfer1 link=1162237320/50#65 date=1200255783]how do i make a new outfit i would like to make a SilverSurfer outfit [/quote]
[quote author=Shuqoyqa link=1162237320/50#64 date=1199899395]General info on how to wear and how to make is included in or linked from this post:

http://bb.redlightcenter...BB.pl?num=1195411486/4#4

... or added to that thread. Some links may repeat others.[/quote]
Shuqoyqa
#68 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:07:44 PM(UTC)

This simply does not work. At least for the new version it doesn't.
Shuqoyqa
#69 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 10:22:31 PM(UTC)

The only changes are the addition of tattoo and underwear layers, which function just like the clothing layer to the extent that the files are interchangeable and you can wear a tattoo in clothing, a shirt in underwear and underwear as a tattoo to get that tattoo as a logo on the shirt ...

... and the UV grid shape. The new UV grids are at the top of the Textures Forum in the New Female UV layout + models and New Male UV layout + models threads, and they look a lot like this:

Everything else works exactly the same way, unless of course you're using Vista, in which case nothing works anyway.
Shuqoyqa
#70 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 1:06:41 PM(UTC)

[quote author=SilverSurfer1 link=1162237320/50#65 date=1200255783]how do i make a new outfit i would like to make a SilverSurfer outfit [/quote]
Shuqoyqa
#71 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 1:12:09 PM(UTC)

could someone make me one plz as i dont have a clue on how to do one
Shuqoyqa
#72 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:05:57 AM(UTC)

ok I am wanting to learn how to do textures and it is daunting to say the least. I have tried to figure it out and can't get it, would someone be willing to make a how to video for us ppl just learning how to do textures, I know I would appreciate it alot .=)

thanx
Fire
Shuqoyqa
#73 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2008 7:16:53 PM(UTC)

I still dont get it...I was wondering if anyone could do it for me if i sent the idea or picture to you. I am having a tombraider party coming up and i need an outift for the men to wear to the party. So if someone could help me that would be great.
Shuqoyqa
#74 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2008 7:45:25 PM(UTC)

[quote author=Vamps_FiredrgnPR link=1162237320/50#71 date=1201673157]ok I am wanting to learn how to do textures and it is daunting to say the least. I have tried to figure it out and can't get it, would someone be willing to make a how to video for us ppl just learning how to do textures, I know I would appreciate it alot .=)

thanx
Fire[/quote]

email Gabby she maked many clothes.she is now making seven of nine whit borg implants for me  Smile
Shuqoyqa
#75 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2008 1:15:46 AM(UTC)

[quote author=SilverSurfer1 link=1162237320/50#70 date=1201439529][quote author=SilverSurfer1 link=1162237320/50#65 date=1200255783]how do i make a new outfit i would like to make a SilverSurfer outfit [/quote]
could someone make me one plz as i dont have a clue on how to do one[/quote]

I'll give it a shot for you, when done, i'll post it on my page in the textures forum